Thursday, October 25, 2012

I Believe.

The last week has been absolutely beautiful. Sunshine, big fluffy white clouds, temps in the 80's... perfect days. And I have spent every one of those days in the car at least twice. So why no photos this week? 

Well this week I have been listening to my favorite country music songs while driving and contemplating life. Country music makes me happy, sad, and everything in between but the main thing I feel when I listen to country music is a connection with God. 

Yes, not every song but there are a few that make me raise my hands, close my eyes and oh wait, I forgot I am driving. You get the point. 

I have been so touched by country music speaking of God, or faith that a few years ago, I got a tattoo that reads "I Believe." I may not have a religion but one thing I am sure of is my belief in something bigger than me. I have included a list of songs in my playlist entitled "I Believe" of course...

  1. Brooks & Dunn- "Believe"
  2. Brad Paisley- "When I Get Where I'm Going"
  3. Carrie Underwood- "Temporary Home"
  4. Josh Turner- "Long Black Train"
  5. Rascal Flatts- "Bless the Broken Road"
  6. Randy Travis- "Three Wooden Crosses"
  7. Carrie Underwood- "Jesus Take the Wheel"
  8. Josh Turner- "Me and God"  
Some people have church, some have scripture. I have my alone time in the car. Driving, thinking, believing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment