Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Clouds in the Sky!



One of my most favorite things about nature is the sky; the sky and its clouds. Whether the sky is blue and dotted with big, fluffy, perfect white clouds or completely hidden behind sheets of storm clouds, I love them. I find so much beauty and happiness when I look into the sky. A part of me imagines that the sky is God's painting to us.

Today I woke up feeling sad and confused. I felt as if I need to make things right. I found myself in my car, driving, surrounded by thoughts. As I approached the hill on East Campus View, I felt a little less unsure. The sky was beautiful. I knew I was on the right path. 

I took this first photo because I drive over this small hill a lot and whether my day is great or horrible, I find myself a little happier because of the horizon. I see the sky and I think, "what is over that hill?" Yes I know it's usually traffic or a cop but it is more of a metaphor for my life. 

The second photo is because I always take a photo from the other angle of my first shot. This photo makes me not so happy. The scenery is blah. There's a salt storage facility, a train track, grayness... but if you look past that, the clods go on for miles.

Today was a perfect day to display God's artwork.      

No comments:

Post a Comment