Thursday, November 1, 2012
The Hurricane Song.
One time I found myself sitting in a bar in Fort Lauderdale. I was facing the ocean and in the distance I saw lightning. My immediate thought was, "Oh my God, a hurricane is coming!!" I ordered another drink and wrote a song on a paper napkin, "The Hurricane Song."
As I sit at these train tracks that song once again pops into my head. Maybe because Hurricane Sandy is hitting the east coast and we experiencing slight repercussions as well or maybe it's the sea, calling me home.
The day I took these photos (three days ago) I felt happy. I was looking forward to something, someone. Over those train tracks was a man who I love very much waiting for me. Hurricane or not, nothing could keep me from him. Today, as I write this, the sun is shining.
I ask God, "Why?" a lot. For a lot of years, that is the question that has yet to be answered.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment